Silver refineries provide an economical and environmentally friendly precious metal recovery service. We are scrap silver buyers that specialize in separating silver from other precious metals and waste materials. Precious metal scrap such as silver leaf, silver metal foil and antique silver is weighed and then smelted. As the silver scrap liquefies in the furnace, borax and soda ash are mixed in to separate the pure silver from other precious and non-precious metals.
A sample is removed for assaying, which is the process of measuring the
silver content. Assaying is critical for assuring customers who sell us
their materials for silver refining that we fairly compensate our
customers. For maximum accuracy, we use the Fire Assay and Inductively
Coupled Plasma (ICP) Spectrometry methods. The X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
method may also be used as needed.
Did you know...
- Over 95% of the silver produced in a year is used in photography, jewelry and silverware, and industrial products
- Kodak and Fuji companies are the world's largest consumers of silver
- Silver is effective in treating burns by killing bacteria, allowing the burn to heal more quickly
- Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals
- The main producers of silver are the United States, Mexico and South America
Sell Silver/Sell Scrap Silver
Platinum refining company
Silver settlement options
Shipping scrap silver to refiner
Precious metal refineries for dentists