Gold refineries provide an economical and environmentally friendly precious metal recovery service. We buy gold scrap and separate the pure gold from the other precious metals and waste materials. Precious metal scrap such as placer gold, dental gold scrap and gold metal foil is weighed and then smelted. As the gold scrap liquefies in the furnace, borax and soda ash are mixed in to separate the pure gold from other precious and non-precious metals.
A sample is removed for assaying, which is the process of measuring the gold content. Assaying is critical for assuring customers who sell gold scrap to us that we fairly compensate our customers. For maximum accuracy, we use the Fire Assay and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) Spectrometry methods. The X-ray fluorescence (XRF) method may also be used as needed.
Learn how to host successful gold party and make a profit
Did you know...
- Gold was made into art objects and jewelry as far back as 4000 BC
- Alchemists, the forerunners of today's chemists, attempted to turn base metal into gold
- Gold does not tarnish, rust or corrode
- One cubic foot of gold weighs more than half a ton
- The main producers of gold are South Africa, the United States, Australia, China, Canada, and Russia
Gold Silver Platinum Refiners
Refine Scrap Gold and sell
Silver coins buyers
Scrap platinum refineries
Settlement of precious metals
Shipping gold to a refinery
Precious metals settlement options